Snow Much Fun

I'm aware that's a cheesy title but I'm a sucker for puns.

We had our first substantial snow last weekend and the girls were dying to build a snowman.  I did what any good mom would do and made them wait until Rob got home to get dressed and weather the cold (see what I did there?).  

It's funny how different kids can be.  Our oldest and youngest were perfectly content to stay outside until they were shivering and their lips were blue.  Our middle daughter could take it or leave it.  She's good for fifteen minutes tops until her fingers get slightly colder than room temperature, then she's ready to go inside.

All in all, we had perfect snowman snow.  Rob and the girls found rocks in our landscaping to use for eyes and a mouth and we grabbed a carrot out of the fridge for a nose.  Two stick arms and an old scarf finished off our snowman.

They weren't ready to come in, so the girls had an idea to take a bucket from the garage and build what they called a bucket pyramid.  It was pretty neat to look at until the next morning when I walked to the car and saw it had been cold enough to stay frozen but windy enough to bend the wall over without falling.

I'm not gonna be specific about what it looks like, but you can use your imagination.  Just know this snow sculpture, crafted by mother nature, was in our front yard.  We like to keep it classy around here.


I'm happy to report it toppled over after a couple hours and is at this very moment just a pile of bucket-shaped snow bricks.

The forecast is calling for anywhere from 5-12" of snow tomorrow, so who knows?  We might hook the sled up to the 4-wheeler and take it for a spin in the field.   

You can see our latest video (Snow. Much. Fun.) here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our First Video!

You won't BELIEVE what we found while fixing our dryer!

Hey, happy birthday, how about a mammogram?