You won't BELIEVE what we found while fixing our dryer!
When I met Rob, he lived in a small farmhouse across the road from a dairy farm. One of the things I loved immediately about him was that he wasn't a typical bachelor who didn't cook, clean, or do his own laundry. In fact, he was a much better cook than I and impressed me that not only did he do his own laundry but (...wait for it...) the man owned his own washer and dryer.
This should tell you the kind of guys I dated before I met him. Suffice it to say, I knew a good thing when I saw it and he was it, baby.
Moving on.
He bought the washer and dryer brand new when he was 22, so when we met they were five years old. The first time I did a load of laundry, I realized how particular he was about his things when he showed me how to load the washer "the right way." Yes, I was totally offended seeing as how I'd been doing my own laundry since middle school. And, yes, I'm sure I rolled my eyes at his help.
The washer bit the dust two years ago and the whole point of my story is that we're STILL using that dryer twenty years later. Five years ago, I noticed our clothes had what looked like burn marks when I'd take them out. We did a quick online search and found the problem was probably related to a foam glider and a seal that goes around the lower rim of where the drum rests. We ordered the parts for around $20 (maybe?) and Rob fixed it and saved our clothes from certain ruin.
Several months ago, the same issue started again so we ordered another set of the glider and seal and this weekend got around to changing it. We've had the parts for several months, and I finally had enough when my favorite dress for one of our daughters was accidentally thrown in the dryer and came out covered in burnt areas. Womp, womp.
The dryer also started making the most horrible, loud squealing noise within the last month. Since I had no idea what was making it do that or how to fix it, I'd just kick it and hope for the best when it started howling. It worked about 25% of the time. Turns out, there's a ball bearing that the drum turns on that just needed greased. You. Would. Not. BELIEVE how quiet the dryer is now. It's fantastic.
Oh! I almost forgot the most important part of this whole saga. When Rob took off the front of the dryer, we found the most unbelievable amount of dryer lint. I am diligent about cleaning the lint trap after every load so I couldn't believe my eyes when he pulled out a ginormous ball of lint from the airway below the lint trap (an area that wouldn't even be accessible without removing the entire top and front of the machine). Seriously, people. I was simultaneously horrified and fascinated.
So. If you're still with me, the dryer is quiet and doesn't burn our clothes and it dries much more quickly than before. I'm a happy camper.
This should tell you the kind of guys I dated before I met him. Suffice it to say, I knew a good thing when I saw it and he was it, baby.
Moving on.
He bought the washer and dryer brand new when he was 22, so when we met they were five years old. The first time I did a load of laundry, I realized how particular he was about his things when he showed me how to load the washer "the right way." Yes, I was totally offended seeing as how I'd been doing my own laundry since middle school. And, yes, I'm sure I rolled my eyes at his help.
The washer bit the dust two years ago and the whole point of my story is that we're STILL using that dryer twenty years later. Five years ago, I noticed our clothes had what looked like burn marks when I'd take them out. We did a quick online search and found the problem was probably related to a foam glider and a seal that goes around the lower rim of where the drum rests. We ordered the parts for around $20 (maybe?) and Rob fixed it and saved our clothes from certain ruin.
Several months ago, the same issue started again so we ordered another set of the glider and seal and this weekend got around to changing it. We've had the parts for several months, and I finally had enough when my favorite dress for one of our daughters was accidentally thrown in the dryer and came out covered in burnt areas. Womp, womp.
The dryer also started making the most horrible, loud squealing noise within the last month. Since I had no idea what was making it do that or how to fix it, I'd just kick it and hope for the best when it started howling. It worked about 25% of the time. Turns out, there's a ball bearing that the drum turns on that just needed greased. You. Would. Not. BELIEVE how quiet the dryer is now. It's fantastic.
Oh! I almost forgot the most important part of this whole saga. When Rob took off the front of the dryer, we found the most unbelievable amount of dryer lint. I am diligent about cleaning the lint trap after every load so I couldn't believe my eyes when he pulled out a ginormous ball of lint from the airway below the lint trap (an area that wouldn't even be accessible without removing the entire top and front of the machine). Seriously, people. I was simultaneously horrified and fascinated.
So. If you're still with me, the dryer is quiet and doesn't burn our clothes and it dries much more quickly than before. I'm a happy camper.
Comments
Post a Comment